Over the past year, we’ve seen advances in technology bringing in tools and techniques that make video production more efficient and cost-effective. Video production has evolved into a space where creativity can coexist with affordability. Forget the notion that compelling videos are reserved for big spenders. Artificial intelligence (AI) and other video trends are quietly redefining the video industry – all without draining your budget.
Guerrilla videos vs. an experienced video production team
Techniques like guerrilla filmmaking, where minimal equipment is used for maximum impact, are gaining popularity. Short-form videos, live streaming, and interactive content have gained popularity, allowing businesses to create engaging and shareable content without the need for elaborate productions.
But while guerrilla video content can be powerful in influencer marketing, it is not a one-size-fit-all solution. This video trend is characterised by a spontaneous nature which may not be ideal for all businesses. For example if business growth is one of your key objectives, guerrilla tactics may not scale well for larger or long-term campaigns, and the informal style could risk miscommunication with the audience.
The art of good video is in the messaging and storytelling and you cannot beat the knowledge and experience of experienced film makers. Yes, you will pay more but the results are more long lasting.
In competitive industries, businesses relying solely on guerrilla methods may find themselves at a disadvantage compared to competitors investing in higher-quality, professionally produced content. This is because while guerrilla videos can offer a sense of authenticity, their unpolished nature can compromise quality and create inconsistencies with established brand guidelines.
Ultimately, the appropriateness of guerrilla video content depends on a business’s specific goals, target audience, and overall marketing strategy.
So, which video content strategy is best for you?
While guerrilla video content can be a great way to share information, what’s important is whether this is consistent with your brand and whether it’s aligned with your intended distribution platform and target audience.
This is how an experienced production team can bring in more tangible results to your business than a one-man band in the long run. In addition to video production and storytelling, experienced video production companies do their due diligence to align with clients’ business objectives – whether that’s to drive sales, change their brand positioning or build connection with consumers.
Take AD Media for example, we have strategic marketers on the team who are experienced in trends such as AI. This helps us to look at a project not only from a creative lens, but also from a commercial standpoint.
Using an experienced video content team can bring benefits such as:
- High production value: Traditional video production typically involves a higher budget, allowing for better equipment, professional crews, and polished post-production processes. This results in a polished and professional-looking final product.
- Consistency: Professional production processes ensure consistency in quality, style, and branding across different pieces of content. This can be important for maintaining a strong and recognisable brand image.
- Access to expertise: Traditional production often involves working with experienced professionals in various roles, such as directors, cinematographers, editors, and editors. This expertise contributes to a high-quality end product.
- Scalability: Traditional production methods are often more scalable for larger projects, such as feature films, television shows, or high-budget commercials.
What about other trends? Is AI getting it right?
AI-driven analytics can further provide insights for businesses to refine their video strategies. In our extensive experience, AI has significantly empowered marketers to make well-informed decisions through valuable data insights. This in turn has enabled us to customise videos precisely to meet our clients’ unique business requirements. When used correctly, this ensures that videos reach the right viewers at the right time.
The integration of AI in video production streamlines processes like script writing, editing, and distribution. Personalised videos can be generated at scale, providing a cost-effective way to connect with diverse audiences.
At AD Media, we use an AI software tool for personalisation, tailored to clients’ preferences and enhancing viewer engagement. This saves time and eliminates the need for extensive manual editing.
However, it’s important to note that the current state of AI falls short of successfully generating end-to-end videos. Most proficient filmmakers hesitate to embrace the idea of AI fundamentally because of the irreplaceable human touch in storytelling.
So while AI tools offer advantages, it’s essential to recognise the complementary role of human expertise.This approach allows us to put greater focus on solving our clients’ business needs, working closely with them to ensure the video content we’re producing supports their business objectives – whether that’s an improved conversion rate or higher brand awareness. We have successfully worked collaboratively with clients, integrating video content into a comprehensive marketing strategy.
7 practical tips for cost-effective video production
Here are 7 practical tips to keep your video production quote within budget while still leveraging the expertise of a video production team:
- Plan thoroughly: Before diving into production, work with your video production team to set out a detailed brief outlining your goals, target audience, and key messages. A well-thought-out plan minimises reshoots and ensures efficient use of resources.
- Storyboarding: Work with your video production team to create a storyboard that maps out each scene. This not only helps in visualising the final product but also streamlines the shooting process, reducing unnecessary footage.
- Choose the right locations: Opt for locations that align with your narrative but are also cost-effective. Utilise natural settings, consider free or low-cost venues, and minimise the need for extensive set construction.
- Leverage natural lighting: Whenever possible, use natural lighting. It not only enhances the visual quality of your video but also eliminates the need for expensive lighting equipment.
- Utilise local talent: Explore local talent for actors and crew members. This not only supports the community but can also be more budget-friendly compared to hiring professionals from afar.
- Streamline editing process: Work closely with your video production team on the brief. Clearly communicate your vision and provide feedback early on to avoid unnecessary revisions, which can incur additional costs.
The perception that video production is an expensive investment for businesses is rapidly changing. So, embracing current trends, adopting advanced techniques, and integrating AI into the production process can significantly reduce costs while elevating the quality and impact of video content.
AD Media: The human touch in a tech-driven era
While AI plays a pivotal role, businesses are reminded not to solely rely on automation. AD Media, with its unique approach, combines cutting-edge technology with the human touch. Our service stands out by understanding the individual needs of businesses, ensuring a tailored approach that goes beyond what AI alone can offer.
We can help
To find out more about the type of video that best suits your business needs, reach out to one of our video experts at AD Media. We love working with our clients and delivering specific video content that serves their brand best. Get in touch on 0416 022 287 or email us at email@example.com